All our dog coats are custom-made, so it’s very important that we get the right size the first time.
To make sure we have the right measurement for your dog, please measure twice before placing an order. If the second measurement is different to the first (more than a few centimetres out), measure a third time until you’re sure you have it right.
Length of the coat
- The size of a dog coat is the measurement taken from the base of the neck to the base of the tail, as per the diagram below.
- If you can’t see the base of your dog’s neck, run your fingers down his neck until you find the spot where his shoulder blades start
- Your dog must be standing up straight while you take your measurement
- The measurement is the horizontal distance, taken in a straight line
- Most people who need to exchange coats have over-estimated the size dog coat they need
If Your Dog Is In Between Sizes
If your dog is in between sizes, use these general rules of thumb:
- Tail up – round the size down
- Tail down – round the size up
- Large, muscular, heavy-set dogs – round the size up
- Slender, light dogs – round the size down